How To Kill Fleas
Learning how to kill fleas that are either on your pet, in your home or in your yard isn't that hard. You just have to be willing to persist until all of the fleas have been killed. Fleas are tiny pests that can cause itching on anyone they bite. You will want to take action as soon as you notice the fleas so that they do not have time to replicate.
To kill fleas, you will need:
- Dish soap
- A flea comb
- A vacuum
- A trash bag
- Laundry detergent
- Diatomaceous earth
- To kill fleas, first place one inch of lukewarm water in your bathtub.
- Set your pet in the water, and get his fur wet. Then get him soapy using some dish soap. Let the soap sit on your pet for a total of five minutes. This is enough time to kill all of the fleas.
- Rinse your pet off and comb through his fur with a flea comb. This will remove any dead fleas that are present.
- Keep your pet in the bathroom while you vacuum all of the carpeting in your home. Immediately remove the vacuum cleaner bag and place it in a trash bag. Tie up the trash bag and place it in an outdoor trash can with a lid.
- Place all of your pet's bedding in the washing machine . Wash with hot water, and then dry with hot air. The heat will kill any fleas that were present.
- Sprinkle diatomaceous earth outside in your yard. This product will pierce the exoskeleton of the flea and cause it to dehydrate. The dehydration will result in death.
Pesticides can also kill the fleas, but they are more harmful when used around animals and small children. If you choose to use pesticides, it is best to hire a professional.