How to kill time in the office is something that some don’t have to plan or learn. Office workers often perform certain activities that kill more time than they realize. If you work in an office and find yourself with nothing to do, there are numerous ways to kill time until it’s time to go home.
- Talk on your cell phone. Think of a friend or relative who you haven’t seen or talked to in a while, and call them up to say hello.
- Send a text message. Responding to your text messages makes time go quickly, particularly if you text more than one person at a time.
- Go on the Internet. Is there something you need to buy online? If so, look up reviews, and compare prices. By the time you know it, it will be time for you to go home.
- Get a drink of water. Hanging around the water fountain is a practical way to kill time. Wait until you see a co-worker getting a drink and do the same. Simply ask: “How is it going?” Your co-worker will proceed to tell you about his frustrations, and by the time you know it, you will kill at least 30 minutes or more.
- Daydream. Pretend that you’re answering company email. Stare at your monitor while you plan your after-work activities. If you hear footsteps or see your supervisor walking towards you, click on a link or open a new message so he thinks that you’re working.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.