How to Know If You Are In Love
Are you wondering how to know if you are in love? In the movies, you know a person is in love: the sun start to shine, they run toward each other in slow motion and they speak softly and heavenly about one another. It all seems so perfect. However, for the average person, how do we really know when we are in love, especially when the sun is not shining and no one is running toward us?
- When you respect one another You know if you are in love when despite what the other person does to you, you still respect them. You may not like them at that moment, but you still have enough respect for them that you will not call them names or purposely try to hurt them.
- When you cannot stop talking about them If your friends tell you to stop talking about that special person, then you are probably in love. Every little detail, from the way that he brushes his teeth to the song that she sings when she is cooking, is information that you find valuable. However, your friends may differ.
- If you can’t stop thinking about him If your mind wanders while you are supposed to be working, or you can’t finish your morning work out because you’re thinking about what she is doing, then you have a good idea if you are in love.
- When you can see past all the flaws You know if you are in love when the way your girl chews with her mouth open doesn’t seem all that gross, and in fact you start to think it’s rather sexy. Or, your guy’s smelly socks don’t turn you off, because you know he’s been working hard all day. Being able to love your significant other's flaws is a perfect sign that you love them.
- When sex is not a big issue You know if you are in love when the first thing on your mind is not sex. When you can lie next to someone, talk about your day or what is bugging you, and genuinely care about the other person’s response, that is love.
- When you do not feel deprived or used You know if you are in love when you feel as though you are complete. You know that everything you need in life the other person would give you, unconditionally, whether it is friendship, love, companionship, someone to cook your dinner, or someone to provide for you. Whatever it is, in a loving relationship, you should never feel deprived or used.