How To Know When To Break Up
Learn about how to know when to break up to face reality and move on with your life. If you are in a relationship, you usually hope for the best. You want things to work out, but that's not always the case. Each person we meet and begin dating is not the one. The saying "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your price" also works for men. You may have to kiss a lot of girl frogs before you find your princess. Knowing when to break up is good information. After all, you don't want to get warts.
- How do you feel? Step back from time to time in any relationship and ask yourself how you feel about your girlfriend. Only you know how you feel. Keep in touch with your feelings. They are important.
- How does she feel? Asking once in a while how your girlfriend feels about your relationship is also helpful. This is not to say you should ask her every day or even once a week. But on occasion, check in to see how she feels about how things are going with the two of you.
- Do you do things you don't want to do? When you're in a relationship, it shouldn't seem like work. It should be fun. When you're with the right person, a relationship is fun most of the time. When you're with the wrong person, it feels like work more often than fun. This is backwards and not a good sign.
- Does she take you for granted? If you do all the giving and she does all the taking, this is not a healthy relationship. Ask yourself if you are happy with this arrangement. Either change how things are done or break up.
- Are you happy? If the thought of seeing your girlfriend makes you smile, that's a sign of a healthy relationship. If you dread the time you spend together, think about what makes you uneasy. Assess the pros and cons and decide if you need to break up. Being happy alone can be better than being miserable together in a relationship.