If you plan to go on an overnight trip, you will want to know how to label luggage. Your luggage will contain all of the clothing you will need while you are away. If the luggage is misplaced by an airline or train station, you will want them to be able to return the luggage if they find it. In order for this to happen, you need to have labels on your luggage that clearly state your information.
You will need the following items:
- Luggage tags
- Fine point permanent marker
- Personal information
- Purchase a set of luggage tags. Do this if a set did not come with the luggage when you bought it.
Fill out your name. If you are not comfortable writing out your whole name, use the first letter of your first name. Then add your last name. Make sure you use a fine point permanent marker so that the ink is clearly visible.
Fill out your full address. Your luggage cannot be returned if there is only a partial mailing address.
- Add your phone number to the luggage tag. This will allow someone to contact you and let you know that they have found your luggage. You may even be able to make arrangements to go pick it up.
- Take out a sheet of paper. Add the same information to the sheet of paper and set it inside of your luggage. This is a good idea in case the outer tag gets ripped off.
- Repeat for each piece of luggage you are bringing with you. This is necessary in case only one or two of your bags get lost.
- If you make your own luggage tag, laminate it. This will protect it from the elements.
Exactly one month ago we reported that several major airlines began charging a $25 fee for a second checked bag, then to ...
Few companies have the ability to infuriate its customers like an airline company. Even fewer are allowed to do it daily ...
When you’re traveling with fistfuls of cash, weapons with the serial numbers filed off, or just your very special privat ...