Need to know how to lift a '91 Toyota 4Runner that you got such a great deal on? Lifting a Toyota 4Runner, while easy, is very time consuming. Besides giving yourself ample time to do this, you should ask a couple friends to help you lift it to be on the safe side. Now that you've got some friends rounded up, before you get started you are going to need to get some materials.
The materials needed are:
- Jack stands
- Tire iron
- 1/2 inch ratchet and socket set
- 3/8 inch ratchet and socket set
- Front 2 inch lift spacer kit
- Rear 1.5 inch block kit
- Take your jack and jack up the your Toyota 4Runner then put it on jack stands. After you have done that remove the tires.
- Now look for the front strut on the frame. Take your 3/8 inch ratchet and push down on the spindle to pop the strut out of the frame. Once you have done that place the front spacer where you have taken the strut out from.
- Take the strut and bolt on the strut and the front space. Do that to the opposite side and if you would like to put the tires back on then move onto the rear of the Toyota 4Runner.
- Now crawl underneath of the 4Runner and look for the U-bolts. Once you have found them use the ½ inch ratchet and unbolt the U-bolts. Crawl out of the under the 4Runner and grab your jack. You are then going to jack up the rear axle till the rear of the 4Runner is off the jack stands. Now slide the lowering block between the leaf spring and axle. Make sure the pin on the block is goes into a hole on the axle. Once you have done that reattach the U-bolts.
- Put the rear tires back on and the front ones if you did not do that already. Once you have done that congratulations you now know how to lift a 1991 Toyota 4Runner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.