To remove a stain or to change the original dye on a small area of your jeans, you need to know how to lighten a certain spot on jeans. It is possible to lighten a very small area or to lighten a certain spot on jeans that is far larger, such as one pant leg or a stained knee area.
To lighten a certain sport on jeans, you will need:
- Cotton Swab
- Wax Paper
- Flat Surface
- Mix together water and bleach. Put about one part bleach with nine parts water. The amount of bleach and water will depend on the size of the spot you want to lighten. To lighten a certain spot on jeans that is very small, a few drops of bleach mixed with water may be enough.
- Place wax paper inside the jeans to separate the spot that you want to bleach from the other side of the pants. Otherwise, you will lighten the corresponding spot on the other side.
- Lie the jeans onto a flat surface. You don't want the bleach to spread to other parts of the jeans after you have applied it.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the bleach mixture to lighten a certain spot on jeans. Apply enough to the spot to moisten it, but don't apply so much that it is dripping wet. Too much bleach applied to fabric will weaken it and may create holes.
- Leave the bleach mixture on the spot for at least 30 minutes. Once that time has passed, press a paper towel into the fabric to soak up as much bleach as possible. Then, run that spot of your jeans under cold water to rinse away the rest of the bleach. This allows you to lighten a certain spot on jeans without having the bleach bleed into other areas.