How To Lighten Your Skin
There are times when people may need to know how to lighten your skin. Lightening skin does not automatically mean that a strong chemical bleach will need to be used, even though this is an option. There are several home remedies that can lighten the skin. Some of the methods may even prove to be healthy for the skin. The following methods are ideal for those who wish to lighten skin.
- One of the easiest ways to lighten skin is simply to wear sunblock. Often, the amount of ultraviolet rays received can go unnoticed. Even darker skinned individuals can still obtain a tan.
- Try reaching out to a physician for a sunblock. Another option is to search for a sunblock with an SPF greater than 50. A search online will usually yield the fastest results for a sunblock with a higher SPF.
- Seek a dermatologist for a skin peel. Many dermatologists such as Premiere Dermatology offer a depigmentation peel. This process basically slows down the melanocytes in the skin. There is an entire program that needs to be followed once the initial process has begun and repeat maintenance needs to be conducted. While this is a very effective cure, it also carries a very hefty price tag. There are also many dermatologists that use laser treatments to lighten the skin.
- A simple facial scrub. There are many homemade facial scrub recipes as well as several that can be purchased in the store. The more expensive facial scrubs will have a greater lightening effect due to the extent of cleaning. The key is the elimination of dead and dull skin cells. Not only will a good scrub brighten skin, but it will also assist with acne and other skin maladies.
- One of the least expensive methods is lemon juice. Applying lemon juice daily to the face and using it to wash the face is a sure way to lighten the skin. Remember to leave it on the face for one hour and then remove. While many people doubt the effectiveness of this cure, it has been proven to work. For best results use on new scars and blemishes.
- When all else fails, use a skin whitener or bleach agent. The product Xtreme White is a skin lightening formula that lightens the skin in usually two weeks. The downside to using a product like this is that once it is discontinued the skin can appear darker than before it is used. When interested in lightening the skin, this should be the last option.
There are quite a few options for those who wish to lighten the skin. There are many natural cures as well as products available. The best idea is to remember to utilize the option that is the healthiest for the skin. Do not allow acne scars, freckles, tans or other things that darken the skin be a concern. Skin lightening can happen.