Do you want to learn how to line a vest? Creating a lining for a vest is a cool way to revamp the look of a traditional vest. Vests can sometimes be boring. Adding a fun fabric lining can really make the vest pop. If you made your own vest from scratch, a lining is the perfect finishing touch. The lining can transform the look completely. Make the vest elegant, funky, trendy, or cute with a simple fabric selection. You can take a vest to an alteration shop, but that can be costly. Lining the vest yourself is simple and easy.
In order to line a vest, you will need:
- Wax paper
- Select the fabric for the lining. Use a thin, light-weight fabric. If you visit a fabric store, an associate will be able to point you in the right direction. You will need about a yard or yard and a half.
- Once you have purchased the fabric, create a pattern. Use the wax paper to trace the shape of the vest. Make sure you mark where buttons and holes are located. Cut out the wax paper pattern.
- Use the pattern to trace the outline of the fabric. When you cut out the fabric, you will need to add an extra quarter of an inch all the way around.
- Line up the pieces you created, right sides together. Sew the lining to the sides. Sew around the outside edges. Sew the quarter inch seams.
- When sewing, leave a three inch opening in order to turn it inside out. Slip-stitch the opening closed.
- Press the lining. Go back and tack down shoulder seams. Stitch the arm holes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)