How To Look After A Kitten
Knowing how to look after a kitten can make you a great pet owner or the perfect person to watch an kitten while a friend is out of town. It just takes a little time to get down all of the basics, and you will be ready to go. Remember, just like people, each kitten has its own personality and may work best with different variations of the suggestions below.
- Make sure the kitten has plenty of food. Food is one of the basic necessities for all animals and human beings and a kitten is no different. Most kittens eat special food for younger cats that assists with their growth and development.
- Kittens always need access to water. There should be some type of bowl or watering system that is always kept full with fresh, clean water.
- Keep an eye on the kitten outside. If you are headed out to the backyard and take the kitten with you, be sure to keep and eye on him or her. Remember, they are very quick and can climb easily. You don't want to be chasing her down the street.
- Provide a place for the kitten to go to the bathroom. Most kittens use a litter box. You want to make sure he or she always uses the bathroom in the same place to prevent a mess.
- Kittens need attention. Take time to hold the kitten and be sure to pet him or her often. If you are new to owning a kitten or are just watching one for a friend, it may be tough to get close at first. Go slowly and give the kitten time to get used to having you around.