How To Look Good In Pictures
You probably want to know how to look good in pictures because you’re tired of your friends uploading embarrassing shots of you to social networking sites. It’s true; you never really know how a photo is going to turn out until someone uploads it online and tags you in it, but there are some things you can do to make yourself look good in photos. It doesn’t take much to look good in pictures; there's just a few rules of thumb to keep in mind while someone’s pointing a camera at you.
To look good in pictures, you will need:
- A camera
- An appealing outfit
- Before going out for an event or social outing, have a friend take full-length photos of you in your chosen clothing. Of course, you can always use a full-length mirror to gauge the appeal of your appearance, but a picture tends to yield a more truthful shot. Try getting shots from all angles so that you can be fully prepared for what people might snap photos of. This will help you decide whether or not you look good.
- When somebody wants to take a photo with you up close, be sure to extend your jaw line and neck some to hide that infamous double chin. If you’ve got some extra baggage around your face, this technique could easily come in handy. Don’t extend your head too far however because then the picture may come out looking awkward.
- Practice smiling in the mirror. This works wonders as it helps you work out a smile that you want others to see. Practice this smile over and over, and be sure you know how to pull it off once someone whips a camera out. If you do it enough, it should come naturally as soon as someone says, “Smile!” This way, you know for sure you’ll look good!
- If you use a part in your hair, always face that side of your head toward the camera. Hair parts are typically easier on the eye than the other side of the head. When someone wants to take a picture, be sure to tilt your head to that side so that it is the most exposed.
- Think positive thoughts while a photo is being taken. It’s easy to smile when you’re told to, but to look good in pictures, you’ll need to smile genuinely. Maybe you can think about your significant other or something that someone did for you recently. If you can produce a genuine smile for a photo, you will be amazed at how nice it turns out.