How To Look Gothic
Figuring out how to look gothic is probably easier than trying to dress preppy. There are only a few basic elements needed to look gothic. Creating that gothic feel is just a matter of loading up on any and every piece of black clothing you can find. After you get the clothing, you can add certain accessories to help complete your gothic look. The hardcore gothic wannabes can really step their game up with certain makeup usage as well. No surprises here; the makeup for a gothic look will be just as dark as the clothing. Here are some tips on looking gothic.
- If you want to look gothic, dark colored and black clothes are a must. Black shirts, black pants. Long black socks. You'll need them all. Oh, and grabbing clothes with a morbid feel to them is a plus as well. You know, shirts with unhappy messages and pictures will work. Dressing gothic is a pretty wide-open endeavor. There are no real rules as to the clothing, except the fact that your clothes need to be dark.
- Wear some goth makeup. Yes, guys can rock makeup when they dress in a gothic style. Well, there's no surprise here. The makeup is black or dark purple. Once again, how you wear it is totally up to you. This goes for nail polish, too. Gothic guys are often seen wearing black nail polish.
- Choose some appropriate accessories. Any rings, chains, medallions or what have you also need a very morbid appeal. Hit up one of those stores that specializes in these types of accessories. You'll find something to complete your overall gothic ensemble in no time.
- Get the right shoes or boots. No surprise here. You won't be wearing sporty tennis shoes. If you're rocking sneakers, they're going to be black canvas. It's as simple as that. If you're wearing boots, you'll be wearing any variation of standard all-black army boots.
- Stay out of the sun. If you really want to complete your gothic look, don't hit any tanning salons. Whatever you do, don't get any sun. Have you ever seen a gothic dude with a tan? No, you want to be just as pale as those movie vampires. You may want to be as malnourished and skinny as them too. It's your choice.
- Your hair needs to be unkempt. Maybe even spiked or something like that. Once again, you have the freedom to rock your hair any way you wish.