If the tension is too tight on your compound bow you will need to know how to loosen tension on a compound bow. Compound bows are commonly used for recreational use such as archery, and some compound bows are even used for hunting. The strength needed for the archer varies from person to person and may need to be adjusted at times. Here are some steps on how to loosen tension on a compound bow to fit your needs.
To loosen tension on a compound bow you need:
- compound bow
- adjustable hex wrench
- Locate the limb bolts. There are two limb bolts located on your compound bow. You will find one limb bolt at the top of the bow and the other limb bolt at the bottom of the bow.
- Determine if there are limb bolt lockdown screws on your compound bow. Lockdown screws are small screws that are attached to the riser that goes through the 'tang". The 'tang' will be sticking out underneath the limb pocket. Your owner's manual can help you located them if you need additional assistance.
- Loosen lockdown screws if needed. If you determine that you compound bow does have limb bolt lockdown screws, make sure to loosen them first before continuing to loosen the tension on your compound bow.
- Loosen the tension on your bow. Use a hex wrench to turn the limb bolts counterclockwise to loosen the tension on your compound bow. Loosen the limb bolts to your desired tension.
- Re-tighten the lock down screws if needed. If you compound bow does have limb bolts lockdown screws, make sure to re-tighten them back into place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.