How To Lose Body Fat
Learn how to lose fat by following these easy steps. Losing weight and keeping it off is not something that can be done overnight. It takes work and lifestyle changes to really make a difference. This article will teach you how to lose fat without crash dieting and overworking your body.
- Cut out empty calories to lose fat. Start by limiting yourself to one treat a day, and portion-size it. Have one scoop of ice cream instead of two, take a small bowl of chips instead of the whole bag, and drink diet soda in place of regular.
- Replace junk food with healthy snacks. Fruit, nuts, yogurt, veggies with low-fat dip, beef jerky, and cheese can fill you up without the empty calories. Including extra protein in your diet will keep you full longer and help you lose fat.
- Stay hydrated. Try to drink water, no-calories beverages, and iced tea. Avoid sugary sodas and juices as much as possible. They’re full of empty calories that will prevent you from losing fat.
- Choose smaller portions and eat more often throughout the day. If you’re eating out, don’t be afraid to take some home for later. Restaurant meals tend to be full of calories, sometimes a whole day’s worth. Eat at home whenever possible. Add plenty of veggies, fish, and whole grains to your meals.
- Do cardio to lose fat. According to the American Heart Association, the recommended amount of exercise for healthy adults is 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Try swimming, running, biking, or any sport of moderate intensity.
- Do strength training three or four days a week. While it won’t help you lose fat, it will build muscle and give you a toned appearance.