How To Lose Man Boobs
Getting advice on how to lose man boobs can be a little embarrassing, but it is a condition that plagues many men. Gynecomastia, also known as man boobs, is a condition in which the male breasts are abnormally large. Many male infants are born with enlarged breasts, but this condition fades away as the child begins to grow. Later in life, various causes for man boobs may develop, leaving the man wondering how to lose man boobs and be able to take off his shirt at the beach once again. Fortunately, there are several ways to get rid of man boobs and achieve a more masculine looking physique.
- Check your medications. Some prescription medicines can cause the breast tissue to begin enlarging, including some heart medications. Work with your doctor to determine if any of your medications are causing the unpleasant side effect of man boobs, and explore the possibility of switching to some other medication that does not produce this particular side effect.
- Consider the potential of low testosterone levels. Testosterone is responsible for a number of physical characteristics, including the development and contour of upper chest muscles. If some health issue has cause your testosterone levels to drop, the result may be gynecomastia. In order to lose man boobs caused by a testosterone deficiency, talk with your doctor about testosterone replacement therapy.
- Get a checkup. Man boobs can be a sign of a number of different health ailments, including hyperthyroidism, liver damage, kidney problems, or the development of a tumor somewhere in the body, including the testicles. By identifying the health issue and seeking immediate treatment, you will also be on the way to losing your man boobs.
- Lose the weed. Smoking marijuana can cause chemical imbalances in the male body that result in the development of gynecomastia. Discontinuing its use will go a long way to helping your body regain a proper balance, and thus help shrink your man boobs back down to size.
- Watch your weight. Often, men who need to lose man boobs also have a spare tire around the middle. By eating balanced meals, getting plenty of rest, and exercising at least two to three times each week will not only cause your gut to shrink, but also allow your breasts to return to a more normal size.
- Go in for surgery. In some instances, the only way to lose man boobs is to have reconstructive surgery on your chest area. Most healthcare professionals will only approve the surgery the causes for the gynecomastia have been identified and resolved. The surgery can take care of any remaining vestiges of the enlarged man boobs, and allow your chest to look normal once again.
Tips and Warnings
Depending on the reason for the man boobs, it may take some trial and error to eliminate some possible causes, but eventually you and your doctor can find the underlying problem. Take care of the reason for the man boobs first, then turn your attention to shrinking your boobs down to size. Only go for surgery as a last resort.
Keep in mind that while surgery for gynecomastia is a relatively safe procedure, it carries the same risks as any type of surgery. Discuss the risks with your doctor before scheduling the surgery, as well as what to expect during the recuperation period.