How To Lose Weight And Gain Muscle
When learning how to lose weight and gain muscle, it is important to note that your success is solely dependent on your willpower and your desire to improve your body. Sure, it may be unfair, and some people do lose weight quicker than others; however, this is no excuse. If you are focused and determined, you will see results. It is as simple as that. So, if you have decided to lose weight and gain muscle, leave your excuses at the door, and start with a fresh and positive attitude.
- When you want to lose weight and gain muscle, the first thing you are going to need to change is your diet. You cannot continue to eat a diet that is high in carbohydrates and fats if you want to turn that fat into muscle. So begin eating a diet that is high in protein. Fish and chicken breasts should become staples of every meal; basically, you want to eat meats that are full of lean protein, not fat.
- You will also need to cut out any sweets or other unnecessary fats and sugars. It is okay to include these in your diet every once in a while, but try to limit them to special occasions, or once a week as a reward. Replace the sugary snacks and fatty sides with healthier options. Fruits, vegetables, nuts and yogurt are great non-fat options.
- Next, to lose weight, you will need to begin a cardio routine. This does not have to be super intense in the beginning. It can just be a quick aerobics routine or a twenty-minute walk in the park. The key is to get your heart rate up. This will help you burn fat. Then, as you get in better shape, you will want to increase the intensity of your cardio routine. It is also advisable for you to make sure you do cardio roughly four to five times a week.
- Now it is not enough to just lose weight, you also want to gain muscle. Because of this, you will want to incorporate a strength training routine. If you want to build muscle mass, lift larger weights with minimal reps. If you just hope to tone and enhance your muscles, lift lighter weighs with many reps.
- Stay positive. Finally, on your road to lose weight and gain muscle, you are sure to encounter a road block or two. Do not lose sight of your overall goal. Even if you had a relapse, and ate lot of fatty, sugary foods, do not let this ruin all the hard work you have put in. You are creating a new, healthy lifestyle for yourself; if you keep this in mind, you will be sure to succeed.