How To Lose Weight Eating Apples
How to lose weight eating apples? Apples are a fiber rich fruit, full of cancer fighting antioxidants. They are low in fat and high in nutrients, and eating them on a regular basis can help you lose weight.
- Breakfast: Apples and Peanut Butter. This simple breakfast snack will provide you with the protein, carbohydrates, and sugars you need to get going in the morning, and the balance of nutrients will jump start your metabolism and keep you going through lunch. Apples are one of the most filling fruits, which is another reason to eat one for breakfast.
- Make Apple Sauce For Dessert. Peel, core, and chop up apples and cook them on low heat in a large pot on the stove, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. The sugars in apples will make this a naturally delicious dessert, and eating it will keep your hands off the fattening alternatives, like ice cream and chocolate.
- Drink Apple Cider. Put away the soda, and the “juice drinks” and instead, buy this tasty, healthy, low fat beverage. If you drink cider instead of sugary sodas, you can easily lose weight by cutting your daily calorie count by a few hundred.
- Eat Before You’re Hungry. Most people start to get hungry in the middle of the afternoon—this is when people tend to snack on fattening fast foods like chips and donuts. If you preempt your hunger by keeping an apple on your desk and eating it about two hours after lunch every day, you will trick your brain into believing you are full, and you won’t be so tempted to eat junk.
- Go Apple Picking. Depending on where in the country you live, apple picking season can be several months long. Increase the health benefits of eating apples by spending an afternoon picking them yourself. Get some cardio, have some fun, and bring home a big bag of apples.
Posted on: Apr. 30, 2010