How To Lose Weight Fast At Home
If you're wondering how to lose weight fast at home, keep reading for some tricks that can help you shed the pounds. Losing weight can be an ongoing battle. When more calories go in (from eating) than come off (from exercise), we tend to gain weight. Recent studies have shown that losing just ten percent of your body's weight can ease the workload the body has to function. This can help you be healthier and may make it possible to have a longer life. When you start with a goal like losing 10 percent of your weight--that's twenty pounds for a 200-pound person--your goals may be easier to reach.
To lose weight fast at home, you will need:
- Doctor visit
- Weight loss goals in increments
- Make a chart
- Get rid of tempting food
- Healthy food
- Visit your doctor. It's always recommended to see your doctor before losing weight. If you have any healthy issues or concerns, this is an especially good idea. A doctor's advice and a check up can help keep you healthy and started on the right track to weight loss.
- Set small, realistic goals. You won't lose a lot of weight overnight, so be kind to yourself and set small goals. The first week, for instance, aim to lose two pounds. This is an attainable goal. With healthier eating and added exercise, a two-pound weight loss will be yours.
- Make a weight loss chart. When setting your goals to lose weight, go ahead and make a simple chart. The first week, aim to lose two pounds. The second week you can add a pound to that to aim to lose three pounds or keep it at two pounds. No matter what you want to lose, write it down so your goals are something you can look at. Put your intentions on paper to make it real.
- Get rid of the junk. If you tend to be tempted to snack, get rid of the snack foods like potato chips, ice cream, and candy. Don't buy them to have around the house. If you don't have these foods available, you won't be able to eat them.
- Buy healthy, good-for-you food. Keep good food on hand. That is what you will eat. Eat at home as much as possible to stay away from fatty foods and large portions that restaurants serve.
- Eat a piece of fruit half hour before a meal. Take the edge off of hunger by eating a banana or apple before your bigger meals.
- Eat five small meals per day. Don't starve your body. If you go without food for too long, your body thinks you are starving it. Eat five small meals of about 300 to 400 calories each per day. Eat healthy food that fills you up.
- Choose good food. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat breads and cereals, low-fat dairy, and lean protein like chicken and fish as your main diet. Diet simply means the food you eat, not a torture session where you cannot eat. Eat a healthy diet.
- Exercise doing something fun. Play basketball or ride your bike. Movement burns calories. Join a gym or a team that gets you active again.