As being overweight is a health risk, you may need to learn how to lose weight on Prozac. Medications such as Prozac, which is an SSRI, are often used to treat depression. As with any medication, there are side effects. One such side effect is either weight gain or weight loss. If you are experiencing weight gain, you may need to make some changes in your life to lose weight on Prozac.
- Take up a high-impact fitness activity. Some examples of this are running and swimming. While running can be hard on your body, unlike swimming, it also is a great way to burn calories and lose weight. You need that if you are trying to lose weight on Prozac.
- Drink green tea. It will boost your energy levels, making you more active.
- Count your calories. While this is common sense advice, it's more crucial when you are taking Prozac. In fact, you may have to reduce your calories more so than when you are dieting and not taking Prozac. However, do not go too low with your calories. Consume a minimum of 1200 calories per day, and likely more depending on your size.
- Reduce your intake of simple carbohydrates. These include foods such as white rice, white pasta, flour and white bread. Always try to consume carbohydrates that are whole-wheat based.
- Eat more protein. This is helpful when trying to lose weight on Prozac because protein helps keep you full for longer. That means that you won't be hungry as often and succumb to cravings. Some foods that are rich in protein include all meat, eggs and Greek yogurt.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.