If you know how to lose weight with skateboarding, you can make your weight loss journey a much more interesting and fun experience. Many people don't realize how much a of a workout skateboarding can be. It tones muscles, strengthens your core, improves flexibility, and burns calories. In just 60 minutes, a 155-pound person can burn 372 calories! That's a lot more fun than running on a treadmill for an hour. Skateboarding is a fun activity that can work your entire body and help you lose weight.
There are a few things you should do to in order to lose weight with skateboarding:
- Figure out how many calories you should eat to lose weight. In order to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you are eating. There are calculators online to help you figure out how many you should be eating exactly. Be mindful of everything you put into your mouth.
- Practice the basics. Before you can do any fancy tricks, you need to learn the basics of skateboarding. This includes just being able to balance on a skateboard. Stand on the board with one foot and push with the other to move. These moves are deceptively simple. Just standing on a skateboard forces you to tighten your core muscles, and pushing with your leg can burn some serious calories.
- Visit skate parks. Skateboarders are known for helping each other out, so even if you are a little intimidated, visiting a skate park can be extremely motivating. Ask one of the more experienced skateboarders to help you with what you're having trouble with. You will not only learn something, but you'll have so much fun skating with other people that it'll make the time fly by. Before you know it, you'll have burned hundreds of calories.
- Practice different stretches. While skateboarding takes a lot of strength, it also requires flexibility. Basic aerobic stretches or even taking a yoga class will burn calories as well as make skateboarding easier.
- Be patient. Any type of weight loss plan takes time. Expect to lose half a pound to two pounds a week. Don't get frustrated with the number on the scale, just watch what you eat and have fun skateboarding while you lose weight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.