How To Lose Weight Before Spring Break
It’s normal to pack on the pounds in the winter, but if you’re like most people, you want know how to lose weight before spring break. No one wants to hit the beach during spring break with a few extra pounds around their midsection. While it can be difficult to lose weight in a short amount of time, there are a few ways you can cut back and lose those extra pounds.
- Cut back on the carbs. There are carbohydrates that are considered bad and carbohydrates that are considered good. When you consume carbs, your body digests the carbs, turning them into sugars. While your body needs some food turned into sugar to maintain your blood sugar level, consuming too many carbohydrates can really pack on the pounds. If you want to lose weight before spring break, stay away from bad carbs, like white bread and pasta. It’s okay to consume the good carbs, like vegetables and whole grains, in moderation.
- Eat more protein. When you eat proteins your body stays full longer. This means that you will eat less throughout the day. By simply adding more protein to your diet, you can drastically reduce your daily calorie intake.
- Cut your portions in half. Most people consume way too much food in one meal. By simply cutting the amount of food you eat at each meal in half, you can drop a lot of weight in a short period of time. Losing weight before spring break can be hard, but making small changes, like reducing your portion size can make it a lot easier.
- Drink more water. It’s important for your body to be properly hydrated. You need to consume at least eight glasses of water per day. Also, if you want to lose weight before spring break, make sure you cut out the carbonated beverages and any juice, other than pure fruit juice.
- Get some exercise. Keep in mind that cardio is needed to burn fat. So, when you’re looking for a quick fix a good cardio routine will make a big difference.