How To Lose Weight In The Stomach
Learn how to lose weight in the stomach by being consistent. Belly fat is the hardest weight to lose. The amount of gimmicks, exercises and fad diets to reduce the "bulge" overwhelms most people. Learn how to achieve quick results. Discouragement comes when people don't see progress. Steady weight loss has the longest lasting resolutions. Here are some steps to follow to aid your effort to lose weight in the stomach.
- Determine how much stomach weight to lose by measuring you midsection. The waist size indicates belly fat. For a more precise indication, compare waist-to-hip ratio, (hip and waist circumference) or body mass index (compares height and weight). For most men, the risk factors for heart disease and other diseases increase with a waist size greater than 40 inches.
- Create a positive mindset. Some very important things to get into the mind to aid your efforts to lose weight in the stomach begin with thinking about turning flab into abs, not having to shop for clothes in a specialty shop, and developing muscle to add strength and sex appeal.
- Learn about the health issues that come with being overweight, especially in the stomach. The health issues include such diseases as: Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, stroke, metabolic syndrome, sleep apnea, some types of cancer, insulin resistance, high triglycerides, and low levels of good cholesterol.
- Know what to avoid and what to take in. Avoid processed and refined sugar; also avoid fat-laden fried foods and fast food. The body needs good fat such as Omega-3 found in certain fishes, walnuts, beans and olive oil. Consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Include leans meats and whole grains in your diet. Muscles require lean protein. Eat less at each meal until your metabolism picks up and the body needs more fuel. Even then, carefully incorporate vegetables into the daily diet. Fruit shakes and vegetable drinks help with the loss of excessive stomach fat. Doctors are encouraging people to use blenders and juicers to get the maximum benefits from beneficial foods that don't appeal to everyone's taste buds. Some foods that promote losing weight in the stomach are: broccoli , asparagus, cauliflower, eggplant, celery, cucumber, lettuce , avocado peas, low-fat peanuts, spinach, beans, peppers , carrots, and green veggies.
- Exercise to promote quicker weight loss and to tone up the body. Spot reduction exercise does not work to lose weight in the stomach unless added to other forms of fitness training. To gain the fastest and longest-lasting benefits alternate aerobic exercise, weight lifting exercise, core exercise, and weight bearing exercise with spot exercises that strengthen the stomach muscles. Be sure to exercise long enough and hard enough to raise metabolism rates. Choose fitness-training exercises that are enjoyable. Purchase DVD's or look up fitness training exercises online to add to your daily routine. Warm up and cool down exercises provide protection against injury and muscle pain. Walk often and for longer distances to promote your body's ability to lose weght int he stomach. When walking or jogging, add a sprint for ten steps and then resume the normal pace. This also applies to other forms of exercise; for a few minutes, pick up the pace. Access exercise equipment, a pool or a gym if possible and use any or all of the machines. Weight lifting and swimming add variety to the weight loss routine. Set a timer or stop watch for ten minutes increments and stay on the move for at least thirty minutes. Good exercises to lose weight in the stomach include: walking (increase to jogging), push-ups (add more daily), jumping rope (or other weight bearing exercises-ones that cause the feet to pound on a solid surface), dance (core exercises), Tai-bo (or martial arts training), and crunches.
The quickest and easiest way to lose weight in the stomach necessitates a positive mindset, overall weight loss, a healthy diet and exercise. To accomplish this goal, eat less, eat healthy and move more.