How To Lose Weight By Walking
Know how to lose weight by walking, which is the most natural way to reach your health goals. Walking efficiently vaporizes calories to get rid of the excess fat on your body. Losing weight by walking boosts your energy and unleashes feelings of well being. If you weigh 150 pounds, you will burn 240 calories per hour at a pace that covers two miles in an hour. That means that ten hours of walking at an easy pace will burn a pound of fat. Walk faster, and you’ll lose faster.
- Warm up and drink water before you walk. Walk slowly and very easily for about 5 minutes. Then, do some toe touches and shoulder rolls.
- After the warm up, fitness walk for 7 minutes. Walk as briskly as you can while still being able to talk. Keep your head erect. Pretend a string runs vertically through your body, and that someone is holding it taut from above. Good posture helps you walk more efficiently. At the end of the fitness walk, cool down by walking slowly and easily for 5 minutes.
- Walk 3 to 5 times per week. Add 2 or 3 minutes of fitness walking each week. Work up to a minimum of 30 minutes of fitness walking. Add 10 minutes for a warm up and cool down, for a total of 40 minutes per workout.
- Keep records to stay motivated. Use a notebook to make a daily record of how far you walked, how many minutes you walked, and where you went. Track your weight once a week.
- Wear walking shoes. Have them fitted at an athletic footwear store by a professional fitter. Spring for the best quality shoes you can afford. Wear comfortable athletic clothing. Add a hat if it’s sunny.
- Combine a healthy diet with your efforts to lose weight by walking. The combination of walking exercise and smart eating will make your weight peel away even faster.