How To Lose Weight Walking
It's easy to learn how to lose weight walking provided that you are going consistently and keeping a brisk pace. Skip the gym membership and take some time to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Walking doesn't cost anything and helps with weight loss and your overall health.
- Come up with a goal. How much weight do you want to lose? With a goal in mind, you will have something to reach for and keep you motivated throughout the process. You can weigh in each week or once a month to keep track of your progress.
- Set up a plan. If you want to lose weight walking, you will need to walk several times a week. The best way to keep this up is to set up a schedule. If you walk at the same time throughout the week, it is like an appointment that you can't miss and you will be less likely to make excuses or not go. At the very least, you should walk 3 times a week to attempt to lose weight.
- Decide on a distance. Because everyone is at a different place when they begin to set up a walking routine, everyone will start at a different distance. Consider starting out walking one mile. Each week, add more distance until you are consistently walking several miles a day.
- Decide on an amount of time. If you don't want to a set distance to walk, set an amount of time that you walk. In this case, the goal would be to walk farther everyday in the same amount of time.
- Walk at a quick pace. Your goal is to burn calories as you walk, so keep a consistent speed. You don't want to be out of breath, but you do want to be moving quickly. Swing your arms as you walk to increase the number of calories that you burn.