How To Lose Weight Without Dieting And Exercise
How to lose weight without dieting and exercise? Many want to know if such a feat is possible, despite constant messages from the media saying otherwise. Well, it is possible, if you keep the following points in mind.
- Eat Right. This does not mean a strict diet of bland food and no sweets; it just means you should buy fresh produce and cook it yourself. Avoid fast food, and limit eating out at restaurants, where food tends to be cooked in large amounts of oil. Use real butter, and cook tasty foods that you like and want to eat. No diet is necessary to lose weight, just a heightened level of consciousness about what you put in your body.
- Eat Slowly. Many people eat so fast that their brains aren’t able to register that they are full, which leads to over eating and gaining weight. Rather than putting yourself on a strict diet, slow down when you eat—really taste and savor eat bite, and you will end up eating less and enjoying it more.
- Drink Water. One of the keys to maintaining a healthy weight is drinking eight, eight ounce cups of water every day. Why? Because often you may think you are hungry when you are actually thirsty. Staying hydrated will lessen your desire to snack throughout the day, and will help tell your brain when you really do need food. Drinking a glass or two before each meal can dissipate your hunger temporarily, so you don’t rush through your meal.
- Get Enough Sleep. Tired people tend to eat more, because they don’t feel good and need extra energy. If you get a good night’s sleep, you will be less likely to succumb to eating sweets for a quick energy boost.
- Stay Active. You don’t have to exercise in any formal way, like playing sports or going to work out at the gym, but in order to lose weight, you do need to maintain an active lifestyle. Take a walk around the garden in your yard. You could wash your car or clean the outside windows of your house—all of this is physical activity you can do to be healthy and lose weight.
Posted on: Apr. 23, 2010