How To Love Myself
Knowing how to love yourself can sometimes be harder than it sounds. When you think about it, it should be easy; you know yourself better than anyone else, you know what makes you happy, sad, and excited. Not loving yourself can lead to getting trapped in relationships you don't really want to be in because you feel you need to be loved. If you learn to love yourself, you can avoid getting into many unwanted relationships because you wont be yearning for someone to fill you with love, you will already have it.
- Be Honest. Being honest with yourself is the first step to loving yourself. Be honest about what you want out of life, what is important, and what kinds of people you want to spend your time with, and how. Hanging out with self desperate can lead to yourself being desperate to be loved. Spend time with independent people, and you will tend to become more independent with yourself.
- Share yourself. Sharing yourself with others can make you more confident with yourself. Share your feelings and thoughts with friends and family, and you will gain confidence and establish your individuality not only with others, but with yourself as well. Sharing your knowledge with others can give you a feeling of self worth.
- Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for things you have done in the past. Do not forget about these things, but allow yourself to forgive yourself, and learn from the experience. Tell yourself that the person you were is not the person you want to be so you will not repeat those types of behavior again.
- Let Go. Learn to let go of things that you do not need. People and material objects can be distracting when trying to love yourself. If you love someone that is self centered and selfish, all of your love will go to that person that only care for themselves, so you will not gain any love in return. If you get rid of some material items that you do not need, you will realize that you are the same person without them, and it will give you a sense of stability with yourself instead of relying on material possessions to establish who you are inside.
- Write your Feelings. Keeping a journal is a great way to keep track of your own feelings. Read back on your journal once a month or so. If you experienced anything bad during the month, allow yourself to feel pride in overcoming those hardships in your life.
- Fulfill your Needs. Remember that you are human. No matter what you feel or want, all humans have needs and feelings that they cannot control. Allow yourself to fulfill your own needs without losing yourself. No one is perfect.
- Feeling great. Exercise often and pick up a hobby that you are passionate about.