If you are like so many others and are interested in how to lower your Harley Davidson Sportster 883, then look no further for a guide! Just know that before you get to serious about doing this, there are a few basic ways to do it, but let’s focus on the easiest possible solution! If you’re still ready to do it, then let’s lower a Harley Sportster 883!
To lower a Harley Davidson Sportster 883, you will need:
- New shorter shocks
- A jack
- A tire iron
- Philips and flat head screwdrivers.
- WD 40 or other lubricant
- Start by removing the wheels from the Sportster 883 bike. You will want to jack the Harley Davidson Sportster bike up and use the tire iron to unscrew all of the bolts from the wheel. Be sure to put everything you take off the Harley Sportster bike in a safe place where you will be able to easily find it.
- Unscrew the old shocks from the Sportster 883 bike. It should be easy to just unscrew them using whichever screwdriver the screws are, probably Philips head. If you are having a hard time getting the screws off, use the lubricant to loosen them up. Once again, be sure to put all of the screws and the old shocks in a safe place, so if you ever need them again they are readily available.
- Lubricate the screw holes on the Harley 883 Sportster and the new shocks and screws just to make sure they are running as efficiently as possible. Be sure not to let it get to runny as this will create quite the mess. Also be sure to get it some time to soak in before you put the new, lower shocks on the Harley Davidson Sportster 883.
- Put on the lower shocks. Just follow the same pattern as taking off the old shocks, and be sure that if they came with new screws, you use those! There could quite possibly be some compatibility issues with the old screws for the old shocks and the new ones!
- Put the wheels back on the Harley Davidson Sportster 883 bike. Once again, just do what you did to get the Sportster wheels off originally but in reverse. Congratulations, you now have a low rider Harley Davidson Sportster 883
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?