If your skateboard bearings aren't rolling smoothly and you don't know why, maybe it's time you learned how to lubricate them. Lubricating skateboard bearings is easy. Just follow these instructions.
To lubricate your bearings, you'll need:
- Skateboard bearing lubricant, which you can buy at any skate shop
- Rubbing alcohol
- A clean cotton cloth
- A ratchet wrench or skate tool
- Two disposable plastic containers
- A straightened paper clip
- Loosen the nut that holds your skateboard wheels in place using your ratchet or skate tool. Remove the wheels. Use the end of your axle as a lever to pop the bearings out of the wheels.
- If your skateboard bearings have shields, carefully pry them off with the straightened paper clip. If you can see inside your skateboard bearings, you don't have bearing shields.
- Fill up one of your containers with rubbing alcohol and let your skateboard bearings soak for about five minutes. Spin them several times to remove excess liquid afterward.
- Fill up your other container with skateboard bearing lubricant and let your bearings soak for about five minutes. After you have completed this, let your bearings drip dry for a couple of hours and spin them several times to remove excess lubricant.
- Pop your bearing shields back on and put your bearings back in your wheels. Re-fasten your wheels to your axles with your ratchet wrench or skate tool and you're ready to ride!
Tips & Warnings:
- Always use a silicone based lubricant designed for use on skateboard bearings. A silicone free lubricant could damage your bearings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!