Want to know how to make 36 inch Chinese Lantern party decorations? Make several 36 inch Chinese lanterns to use as party decorations at your next fete. Chinese lanterns make great decorations for adult parties or for children's parties. Choose festive, themed wrapping paper or use solid color construction paper to make the lanterns.
To make 36 inch Chinese lantern party decorations, you will need:
- Several sheets of 36 inch square paper (such as wrapping paper)
- Smaller strips of paper
- Glitter (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Markers (optional)
- Fold each square of paper in half. Make a crease along the fold.
- Starting about one inch in from the side, make a series of cuts from the fold to about two inches below the top of the square. Make the cuts about one inch apart. Stop when you are one inch away from the other side of the paper.
- Unfold the square. If you want, decorate the each square with glitter or markers. If using glitter, let dry for a few hours before proceeding.
- Shape the paper into a circle by bringing the two sides together. The cuts you just made should run vertically. Tape the two sides together.
- Cut strips of paper for the handle. Cut several strips that are two inches wide and 18 inches long. Decorate the strips if you want.
- Attach the strips to the top of the lantern. Tape one end of each strip to the top of the lantern, then bring across the top and tape to the other side. The strip will be the Chinese lantern's handle.
- Thread string through each handle. Hang the lanterns around your home or patio.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …