With the advent of new video game technology, anyone looking to have a rewarding career should learn how to make a 3D game. Video games are continually pushing the envelope of greater and more advanced technologies, and knowing how to make a 3D game will help you get the right foot in the door of this multi-million dollar industry.
In order to learn how to make a 3D game, you're going to need:
- Appropriate 3D Game creation software
- Audio editing software
- A mid-to-high-end desktop PC
- A sketchbook
- Pens or pencil
- Purchase and install your 3D game making software. Utilize programs such as 3D Gamemaker, 3D Gamestudio, or Sandbox 3D Game Maker; these programs require little to no knowledge of programming language and will help you do things like build terrain, model characters, and dialog.
- Decide what type of game you want to make. Do you want a swords and sorcery role-playing game, or a science fiction themed first-person shooter? Depending on the type of game you're making, you're going to have to work with very different elements, level designs, and character interactions. Determining what genre your game is going to be will be a huge step in mastering how to make a 3D game.
- Craft your game world. This is where your pen and paper come into use and your creativity is really put to the test. Jot down some ideas and really start to plan out where you want the player to moving around in your game. Determine the setting, characters, history, geography, and anything else that comes to mind. This is one of the steps that sometimes goes overlooked while making a 3D game, so be sure to really plan out what's going on in your game before you start developing things.
- Using the software, bring your ideas to life. Make the environments in which the player-controlled character is going to experience the gameplay, and craft some enemies that he or she will be fighting. Furthermore, this is the point where you'll be putting the mechanics of each genre together with your ideas. That is to say, you're going to be setting response to what happens when the main character talks to someone else, or what happens when he or she fires a pistol at an enemy soldier. It will take some time to get used to the program's toolset, but your perseverance will certainly pay off in due time.
- Make the music for the game with the audio software. Audacity is a fantastic free audio editing software which lets you cut and compile mp3 files for any purpose, including to be used in your 3D game. The biggest part of creating believable atmosphere is selecting the right music, so be sure to go all out on this portion of the process to ensure that your game sounds as good as it plays.
- Keep playing your game to work out all of the bugs. Unfortunately, you're not going to make the perfect 3D game on your first try. Large developers have professional video game testers to work out all of the game-breaking bugs and to make sure that everything plays as it should. In this case, you're going to wear both hats and have to iron out all of the bugs that may be going on in your game. However, since you have a better grasp of what you want your game to be, it'll be much easier for you to identify a problem and be able to rectify it in a short amount of time.
Learning how to make a 3D game is one of the best ways to bolster your resume for entrance into the video games industry. Even if you don't want to become a professional game designer and just want to make an addition to your game library that you can truly call your own, knowing how to make a 3D game can be indispensable—you'll only make what you want to play. Whether your aspirations are professional or personal, you cannot go wrong in learning the basics and specifics of how to make a 3D game.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream