Have you ever wondered how to make a 5 gallon bucket hanging camping light? Or maybe you are wondering why you would want a 5 gallon hanging camping light? In a nutshell, this is a simple camping light that can not only double as a cargo holder, but be used in the outdoors even if it is raining. Here's how to build the five gallon bucket hanging camping light.
To make a five gallon bucket hanging camping light, you will need following tools and materials:
- Drill and drill-bits
- Screwdriver (Phillips or straight depending on the type of utility socket you buy)
- 5-minute epoxy
- White 5 gallon bucket with lid
- A utility socket.
- An extension cord
- Light Bulbs
- To begin making the five gallon bucket hanging camping light, find the center of the bucket's lid. Place your utility socket in the center of the lid and mark around it. Then, using the hole pattern on the utility socket, mark the holes on the lid as well. If you remove the lid and hold the utility socket on one side while looking at the other side in good light, it should be fairly easy to mark the holes for mounting the bucket. Determine from the utility socket the best location for the wire to be attached and based on that drill a third hole in the bucket lid the right diameter for the extension cord you bought.
- The next step in building the five gallon hanging bucket camping light is wiring and mounting the utility socket. Cut the female end from the extension cord and then feed that end through the bucket lid so that when you put the lid back on, the cut end will be inside. Next, strip the insulation from the wires and attach them to the utility socket.
- To complete construction of the five gallon hanging bucket camping light, mount the utility socket to the bucket lid using the hardware provided with the utility socket. Screw in a light bulb and snap the lid back on the bucket. Plug it in and verify that it is works. Unplug it. Then, mix the five minute epoxy and apply heavily around the mounting screws and the extension cord. You're trying to get a good seal around these points to prevent water from entering the electrical circuit if it should happen to rain on your camping trip.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.