How To Make A 7 Layer Burrito
It's Mexican night at the hacienda, and you need to know how to make a seven layer burrito. Relax. It's not difficult to make any kind of burrito—especially a seven layer one. In fact, the more layers you have, the more impressive it is, and it's just as easy as a five layer burrito. You just need a couple more ingredients.
What you need to make a seven layer burrito:
- 2 cups of cooked, chopped, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 1 package of flour tortillas
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup of sliced olives
- 1/2 cup of salsa
How to make a seven layer burrito:
- Heat the chicken and seasonings. Mix the taco seasoning in with the chicken, add the water, and stir until the water evaporates. If you want your onions cooked, add them to the mixture and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Prepare the burritos. Lay the tortillas out on a flat surface. Coat with a thin layer of salsa. This is the first layer of your seven layer burritos.
Add some more layers to your burritos. Evenly distribute the chicken, onions, rice and refried beans over the salsa covered tortillas, leaving approximately 1/2 inch on each side.
- Close the tortillas. Start rolling the tortillas, fold the sides in to contain the ingredients then continue rolling until they're closed.
- Plate and top the burritos. Place the closed burritos on plates. Top them with sour cream, avocado, sliced olives and salsa if desired. Count the layers. Congratulations! You have just made seven layer burritos.
- Serve the seven layer burritos. You may garnish with a sprig of anything green you can find in your vegetable bin, but make sure it's meant to be green. Diced tomatoes also add color and a nice, finishing touch to the seven layer burritos—and this will add still another layer, which isn’t a bad thing.
Now that you know how to make a seven layer burrito, it's time to invite all your friends to show off your fabulous south-of-the-border culinary skills. Don't be surprised if you get requests for seconds.