How To Make Absinthe Drinks
Knowing how to make absinthe drinks requires one special ingredient, absinthe. Absinthe is a classic alcohol with a sorted past derived from herbs. It is a very special high alcohol blend with a rich history. The drink is not as popular as it once was, but is still obtainable. A once banned drink, absinthe has made a modern day revival.
What you will need:
- Distilled neutral alcohol
- Herbs (grande wormwood, green anise and florence fennel)
- White grape spirits
- Slotted spoon
- Sugar cube
Note: There are various methods to create absinthe drinks, but here we will discuss the traditional method.
- Using the traditional method provides a tasty absinthe drink without the hassles of a more modern twist. Making absinthe takes time and patience, but the pay off is well worth it. Place the mixture of distilled neutral alcohol and herbs (ground to powder) into a glass. Place white grape spirits into glass.
- Mix all ingredients well. The end consistency should be an emerald green that is clear and not murky. Place a sugar cube on the slotted spoon. Slowly drop cold water over the sugar cube. Be patient and allow the drips to come slowly and precisely. The water and sugar should drip into the absinthe.
- Once the sugar cube is melted, have your drink. The consistency of the drink should be milky. You can drink as is, chilled or add to another mixture to create an absinthe mixed drink. Congratulations! You have the mysterious and historical drink known as absinthe in your hands!