If you're wondering how to learn how to make an Addington cocktail, you've come to the right place. An Addington cocktail is a classic drink. Freshly squeezed orange juice and two types of vermouth add an interesting flavor to this drink.
To make an Addington cocktail, you will need:
- 1 oz. French vermouth
- 1 oz. Italian vermouth
- 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 oz. soda water
- Orange peel for garnish
- Crushed ice
- Cocktail shaker
- Chilled cocktail glass, Collins glass or other highball glass
- Fill a shaker with ice. To make an Addington cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker half way full with crushed ice.
- Add the ingredients (except the soda water). Add the French vermouth, Italian vermouth and freshly squeezed orange juice to the cocktail shaker. Proper measurements are important when making an Addington cocktail taste its best.
- Cover the shaker. Cover the cocktail shaker and shake the drink for about fifteen to twenty seconds or until mixed thoroughly.
- Strain contents. Strain the entire contents of the cocktail into a chilled cocktail glass. On hot days, an Addington cocktail tastes best served over ice in a Collins or other highball glass.
- Add soda water. After the drink has been poured into a glass, add the soda water. After the soda water is added, the drink can be stirred lightly to mix.
- Garnish. Garnish the Addington cocktail with a twisted orange peel for a great look and for added flavor.
- Serve. Serve the cocktail immediately for best results.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …