For a refreshing cocktail that dates back to the 1930s, learn how to make an Adirondack cocktail. An Adirondack is a classic cocktail that is similar to the orange blossom cocktail but is made without vermouth. An Adirondack cocktail is also known as an orange blossom number two due to the similarity to the orange blossom cocktail. This cocktail should be prepared and served in an old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Here are the portions and instructions you will need to make an individual Adirondack cocktail.
To make an Adirondack, you will need:
- An old-fashioned glass
- 2 ounces of gin
- 2 ounces of orange juice, fresh-squeezed if available
- An orange peel or orange wedge, for garnish
- Fill the old-fashioned glass with ice. The Adirondack cocktail is best with cubed or lumped ice.
- Pour the two ounces of gin over the ice. An Adirondack cocktail can be made using any brand of gin that is available.
- Add the two ounces of orange juice to the old-fashioned glass. When available, use fresh-squeezed orange juice to make this cocktail.
- Garnish an Adirondack cocktail with a slice of orange peel or orange wedge. To garnish the cocktail using an orange peel, slice the orange peel into thin strips and gently curl the pieces. Place the curled pieces on the rim of the old-fashioned glass for a pretty garnish.
An Adirondack cocktail is an alcoholic beverage and should be enjoy responsibly. To manage the alcohol content you can add more orange juice to this cocktail. Typically, this drink is one part gin and one part orange juice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.