For a refreshing cocktail that dates back to the 1930s, learn how to make an Adirondack cocktail. An Adirondack is a classic cocktail that is similar to the orange blossom cocktail but is made without vermouth. An Adirondack cocktail is also known as an orange blossom number two due to the similarity to the orange blossom cocktail. This cocktail should be prepared and served in an old-fashioned glass filled with ice. Here are the portions and instructions you will need to make an individual Adirondack cocktail.
To make an Adirondack, you will need:
- An old-fashioned glass
- 2 ounces of gin
- 2 ounces of orange juice, fresh-squeezed if available
- An orange peel or orange wedge, for garnish
- Fill the old-fashioned glass with ice. The Adirondack cocktail is best with cubed or lumped ice.
- Pour the two ounces of gin over the ice. An Adirondack cocktail can be made using any brand of gin that is available.
- Add the two ounces of orange juice to the old-fashioned glass. When available, use fresh-squeezed orange juice to make this cocktail.
- Garnish an Adirondack cocktail with a slice of orange peel or orange wedge. To garnish the cocktail using an orange peel, slice the orange peel into thin strips and gently curl the pieces. Place the curled pieces on the rim of the old-fashioned glass for a pretty garnish.
An Adirondack cocktail is an alcoholic beverage and should be enjoy responsibly. To manage the alcohol content you can add more orange juice to this cocktail. Typically, this drink is one part gin and one part orange juice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.