How To Make An Admiral Benbow
Need to know how to make an Admiral Benbow? Making an Admiral Benbow cocktail is simple and uses few ingredients. An Admiral Benbow cocktail probably appeals most to classic cocktail drinkers as it is a cross between a Martini and a Gimlet, both classic cocktails.
What You Will Need To Make An Admiral Benbow cocktail:
- Dry Vermouth
- Lime Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- Cocktail Shaker With Strainer
- Ice Cubes
- Old-Fashioned Glass
- Cocktail Stirrer
- Chill your old-fashioned glass in the freezer. A well chilled glass keeps the spirits in the Admiral Benbow working harmoniously in the cocktail as you sip the cocktail.
- Place the ice cubes into the cocktail shaker. You will not be shaking the spirits in this cocktail, but you will prepare the drink in the shaker because it makes the drink easy to strain.
- Pour in 1 part of the freshly squeezed lime juice. Commit to memory the quantity of this ingredient in your shaker as you will use ratios based on the lime juice to create the Admiral Benbow cocktail.
- Pour in 2 parts of the dry Vermouth. The dryness of the Vermouth will impart a crisp stiffness into the Admiral Benbow cocktail.
- Pour in 4 parts of the Gin. Using a good quality Gin will create a more pleasurable Admiral Benbow cocktail as there will not be an overwhelming juniper berry flavor.
- Remove the old-fashioned glass from the freezer. You want to remove it before the final steps to allow the drinker to be able to actually hold the chilled glass once the Admiral Benbow cocktail is added.
- Stir the lime juice, dry Vermouth and Gin vigorously using your cocktail stirrer. Stirring the Admiral Benbow cocktail enables the flavors to mix gently and does not cause the Gin to bruise.
- Strain the prepared Admiral Benbow cocktail into the chilled old-fashioned glass.