Interesting in learning how to make ale? Brewing beer takes some experimentation. There are so many factors that influence the taste of the beer: when the hops and malt are added, what yeast you use and how long the mixture ferments to name a few. It's a lengthy process but once you've mastered it you'll have an English Ale to be proud of.
Some things that you'll need are:
- Brew pot
- Stirring spoon
- Glass measuring cup
- Glass jar
- Malt extract
- Gather your home brewing equipment or purchase some if you don't already own any. You'll need a brew pot, water, stirring spoon, glass measuring cup, glass jar, fermenter, airlock, bleach and thermometer.
Buy ingredients for your English Ale home brew. You'll need malt extract, yeast and hops which can be purchased at any home brew supply store.
- Start making the wort by bringing two gallons of water to a boil. Pour this water into the fermenter then bring three gallons of water to a boil.
Remove the water from the heat and add the malt extract. Resume the boil and add the hops if necessary. Boil this mixture for one hour.
- Cool the wort by placing it in a sink full of ice. It must reach 65- to 90-degrees Fahrenheit as quickly as possible.
- Put the yeast in the fermenters and add the cooled wort. Pour the wort from a significant height so it churns. This will aerate the mixture and start the fermenting process.
Store the fermenter for two weeks. During this time temperatures should remain stable between 65- and 70-degrees Fahrenheit. Leave the fermenter alone—resist all urges to check on your beer.
- Bottle your English Ale and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.