How to make aloe vera juice can be a bit tricky unless you know what you are doing. The aloe vera juice can be undrinkable or non-beneficial if the correct procedures are not followed.
Although the process can be rather tedious, the benefits of this juice cannot be denied.
To make aloe vera juice, you will need the following:
- Aloe Barbadensis Miller plants (this specific type of aloe vera plant is the only type to use to reap aloe vera juice’s health benefits.)
- Juice of your choice (citrus works best)
- Harvest aloe leaves. Or, if you do not grow your own, find the freshest aloe leaves possible to make aloe vera juice. Aloe vera leaves to be harvested into juice should be as fresh as possible. For this reason, if your climate permits, grow the aloe plants to achieve the maximum benefits they offer.
- Once harvested, immediately remove the rind and the yellow layer immediately under the rind. This yellow layer is the “latex” and is bitter. If ingested, it can cause cramping and diarrhea so it is important to completely remove it.
- Once the latex is completely removed, the pure, translucent gel is left behind. This is the gel used to make aloe vera juice. It is important to ingest this gel immediately so the gel does not begin to oxidize and lose its benefits. It can be added to other liquids, such as juice, to be more palatable.
- To slow the oxidization process and to make aloe vera juice mix, add two tablespoons of the fresh gel to a citrus-based juice. The acidic citrus base of the juice acts as a stabilizer and slows oxidization down.
The gel can be rinsed with a watered-down vinegar-based solution to completely remove the latex residue of the aloe leaf.
aloevera.org. "How to Grow and Make Your Own Aloe Vera Juice."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!