Make delicious breakfast burritos in the morning and freeze them for an afternoon snack. Breakfast burritos require simple cooking, so they are a great meal option for novice chefs. Buy a few items and learn how to make and freeze breakfast burritos.
What you will need:
- Soft tortilla shells
- Sausage links
- Sliced cheese
- Cooking spray
- Plastic wrap
- Cook the eggs. Turn the stovetop on to a medium heat. Spray a thin layer of cooking spray on the pan. Mix the eggs in a bowl and pour them into the pan. Scramble the eggs until they are completely cooked. Cook at least one egg per burrito.
- Cook the meat. Heat up the meat in the microwave or the skillet. If you are using the skillet, heat the sausage until it is golden brown on the outside and light brown on the inside. Important: Cut the sausage to make sure the inside is not pink.
- Make the burrito. Lay a tortilla shell on a plate. Place one slice of cheese on the burrito. Place the sausage link near one edge of the burrito and spoon a small portion of eggs on top (one egg per burrito).
- Fold the burrito. Fold the bottom and top ends of the burrito over the food. Carefully lift the end of the burrito with the toppings and fold it over the food. Roll the burrito tightly until you reach the opposite edge of the burrito. Face the seam downward to hold the burrito together.
- Put salsa and sour cream on the burrito. Spread salsa and sour cream onto the burrito. Important: Don't put salsa and sour cream on the burritos you want to freeze.
- Freeze the extra burritos. Cut a piece of plastic wrap and place a burrito on one edge. Lift the edge with the burrito and tuck it under the burrito. Roll the burrito in the plastic wrap until you reach the other end. Fold the bottom and top edges of the burrito inward. Place the burritos in the freezer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.