If you want to learn how to make an Angry Dragon cocktail, you’re going to have to muddle your way through it – literally. An Angry Dragon is a muddled cocktail. In other words, it’s made from crushing and twisting fresh fruit using a pestle-like bartender’s tool called a muddler. You can also use a large plastic spoon or wooden rod of some sort, but a muddler is best. To make an Angry Dragon, you’ll need to following recipe:
- 2 tbsp Dragon fruit (use just the fleshy part, no rind)
- 1 tbsp Yuzu
- ¾ oz. Jasmine syrup
- 1 oz. Sake (Pronounce Sock-ee – Japanese alcohol made from rice.)
- 1 oz. Kettle One Citroen or other citrus flavored vodka
- Muddle the dragon fruit in an appropriate sized glass or non-metal cocktail shaker. Your dragon fruit pieces should be cut small enough to be easy to work with, but not so small as to cause an issue with choking.
- Add Yuzu, jasmine syrup, sake, and vodka. Stir gently to loosen any fruit stuck to the bottom of the glass.
- Add ice, cover, and shake well. Pour into serving glasses and garnish with a slice of dragon fruit.
Fruit isn’t the only thing you’ll have to muddle to make an Angry Dragon. You might also have to muddle through finding your ingredients, depending on where you live. Ingredients like Yuzu, a Japanese citrus fruit, are not always easy to find. Gourmet stores often carry Yuzu juice, paste, or powder, which can be substituted for fresh Yuzu.
Fresh dragon fruit, the main ingredient in Angry Dragon cocktails, may not be easy to find either, depending on the time of year and your geography. Look for it in your produce section, or at your favorite gourmet store. Also called red pitaya, it has a red, spiny skin with white, fleshy fruit inside. They’re about the size of a grapefruit, and resemble kiwi fruit in that the inner flesh is speckled with black seeds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.