If you always thought learning how to make an Apricot Sour was too tricky, you have come to the right recipe. Traditional sours are made with either bourbon or whiskey. When making an Apricot Sour, you replace either spirit with apricot brandy. Getting the right amount of “sour” can be just as complex..do you use a mix? Do make it more sour or more sweet? No need to worry; this recipe will enable you to make an Apricot Sour from scratch, with a taste that is classic.
To make an Apricot Sour, you will need the following items:
- 1 1/2 oz apricot brandy
- 1 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 oz simple sugar syrup
- maraschino cherry for garnish
- an orange wedge
- a rocks or old fashion glass
- a cocktail shaker with ice
- Chill the glass for the Apricot Sour. Place the rocks or old fashion glass in the freezer for fifteen minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for an Apricot Sour. Dispense the brandy fresh lemon juice and simple sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Shake vigorously.
- Pour the Apricot Sour. Take the lid off the cocktail shaker and pour the Apricot Sour, including the ice, into the chilled glass.
- Garnish your Apricot Sour. Garnish your Apricot Sour with a maraschino cherry and an orange wedge.
For a quick substitute you can use a a pre-made sour mix in place of the fresh lemon juice and simple sugar syrup for your Apricot Sour. Fresh lemon juice is the key to a fantastic Apricot Sour, but in a pinch use lemon juice in the bottle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.