You can make bacon infused vodka without much difficulty, although it does require some advance preparation. Flavor-infused vodkas are an excellent way to deliver the most flavorful cocktails. This bacon infusion is ideal for the martini-like novelty "Bacontini," and it can also complement any Bloody Mary with a well-suited flavor. Read on for instructions explaining how to make bacon infused vodka.
To make bacon infused vodka, you will need:
- package of bacon
- pint-sized mason jar
- crushed black peppercorns
- Cook up three to four strips of bacon. Cook more, and make yourself a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich while you're at it.
- Place the cooked bacon in a pint-sized mason jar. If you wish to be neat, trim the ends of the bacon so they fit in the jar. Otherwise, crumble the strips up into the jar. There is some discretion in how you make bacon infused vodka.
- Add crushed black peppercorns. The pepper is optional, but it adds a spicy flavor to the bacon infused vodka mix.
- Fill the rest of the mason jar with vodka. Fill it just shy of the rim.
Cap the jar and place it in a dark place. A dark cupboard is perfect. Let the jar stay put for at least three weeks.
Place the bacon vodka mason jar in the freezer. The vodka will not freeze, but the bacon fat will solidify.
- Remove the jar from the freezer, and strain the solidified fat through a coffee filter. This will yield a clear, pale yellow bacon infused vodka.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.