An alternative to cooking bacon traditionally is learning how to make bacon sweet. Use sweet bacon for more than just breakfast. Add sweet bacon to sandwiches, appetizer trays, and as a unique garnish. Used in moderation, bacon is a tasty addition to your meals.
To make bacon sweet, you will need:
- 1 lb. thick sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- A rimmed baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Heat the oven. The temperature for cooking bacon in the oven is around 425 degrees fahrenheit. Not all ovens display accurate temperatures; to avoid burning, keep an eye on the bacon if this is the first time preparing the recipe.
- Cover the baking sheet. Use parchment paper as the cover to eliminate messy clean up.
- Lay strips of bacon on the covered baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Make sure the bacon slices don't overlap.
- Bake bacon slices in heated oven for 10 minutes. Use a kitchen timer as a reminder to check the bacon during cooking. If cooking more than one baking sheet of bacon at a time, rotate and swap baking sheets halfway through cooking. Carefully drain accumulated grease and return the pan to the oven. A turkey baster is helpful for removing hot grease from the baking sheet. Save sweet bacon drippings for later use in other recipes.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Check for doneness and remove the sweet bacon from the baking sheet and allow to cool. Refrigerate cooked sweet bacon within two hours. Store bacon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.