How To Make Baked Falafel
Tired of eating deep fried food and want to learn how to make baked falafel? This falafel recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to the popular Middle Eastern dish that is sure to please any palate. With a prep time of only five minutes and taking merely 20 minutes to cook, baked falafel is a quick and tasty way to ensure that your next dinner party will be a huge success!
To learn how to make baked falafel, you will need:
- One 19 ounce can of chickpeas
- One small onion, chopped
- Two cloves of garlic, chopped
- One tablespoon of fresh parsley, cthopped
- Two tablespoons of all purpose flour
- One teaspoon coriander
- One teaspoon cumin
- One half teaspoon baking powder
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A mortar and pestle or food processor
- Shallow baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. At this time, drizzle the olive oil into the baking pan and place it into the oven.
- Mash the chickpeas with either the mortar and pestle or the food processor. After the chickpeas are thoroughly mashed, add in the garlic and onions, then continue to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients into the blend. Keep mixing the additives together until their consistency is that of a thick paste.
- Shape the falafel mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Place the balls, evenly spaced apart, onto the preheated baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven, turn the falafel balls over, then cook for an additional five minutes. Serve immediately.
After learning how to make baked falafel, your culinary options are endless. These bite-sized morsels go great in a pita bread sandwich or can be served alongside hummus or baba ganoush.