Banh Pho My-tho is a rather large mouthful for what ends up being Vietnamese rice noodles, and learning how to make banh pho my-tho is a great way to expand your international cuisine horizons. These noodles are used in many types of soups and the Thai favorite pad thai. These noodles can often be found in the international section of the local grocery store, or if you're lucky enough to have an Asian market near you they'll definitely be there. Sometimes nothing can hit the spot quite like homemade banh pho my-tho, however, so strap on your man-apron and roll up your sleeves!
To make banh pho my-tho, you will need:
- 1 1/4 cups of long grained rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Vegetable oil
- Baking pan
Soak the rice overnight.
- Throw the rice and water into the blender the next day. Blend on high until it achieves a very smooth consistency. It should look and feel like a batter, and when it gets to that point it's ready to be made into those delicious banh pho my-tho noodles.
Coat the bottom of the baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Place the baking pan in to a steamer and heat it.
- Pour in a third of the batter into the baking pan. Steam this layer for four to five minutes, then brush a vegetable oil coat onto it.
Add another layer of batter, steam for five minutes, and brush vegetable oil on it.
- Add the final layer, steam for eight minutes, and remove from heat. Slice the noodles into thin strips.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.