Learning how to make a baseball bat is not an easy task. You will need to have a solid understanding of tool use and basic craftsmanship to undertake this project, and you will have to use finesse in crafting your homemade baseball bat. Check out the following advice on making a baseball bat at home.
To make a baseball bat, you will need:
- A piece of hardwood for a bat blank, with close wood grain
- A saw, such as table saw
- An electric sander
- A permanent marker
- Varnish or wood finish
- First, buy everything that you will need from any home improvement or construction supply company. It is important that the bat blank wood is hard, and has a close or tight grain which flows in the direction of its length.
- Next, using the marker, trace the outline of the bat to the proper size. Use regulation dimensions for an adult baseball bat, and shrink the size of the bat, traced onto the wood with the grain, for a child.
- Cut out the bat blank from the piece of wood using a powered saw. You should now have a square shaped (from the ends) bat blank.
- Using an electric sander, sand off the corners so that the bat is rounded. Use caution when sanding the area in front of the handle at the end, so that you do not sand into the rounded handle, narrowing it. Once your homemade bat has been cut out of the wood with the grain and sanded to a round shape that is somewhat smooth, use sandpaper to remove any irregularities, make it completely round and taper the end of the large side where it will contact the ball.
- Once it has been sanded to perfection, apply a strong wood finish or varnish to the bat. This will make it smooth and sturdier. Then, play ball!
Making a baseball bat is not too simple. Not only do you have to know how to use tools to shape wood, but you have to exercise caution and finesse, as a nice baseball bat has no imperfections.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.