Support your local or national baseball team by learning how to make a baseball seam necklace to wear. Baseball is America's favorite sport after all, so show your spirit with a unique necklace made from actual baseballs. The white leather with the red seam is a great look for a necklace when finished off with a clasp in gold or silver.
To make a baseball seam necklace, you will need:
- A box cutter
- A bowl of water
- A sewing machine or needle and thread
- A lobster-style clasp
- Strong glue
- Get several baseballs together to make the baseball seam necklace. The number of baseballs you will need will depend on how large you want to make the necklace. Start with two baseballs.
- Cut close to the seam, leaving some white leather, on one of the baseballs. Be careful to not cut yourself. Keep the cutter far enough away that you do not cut the red seam on the baseball. Run the cutter around one side of the seam, then carefully run the cutter along the other side of the seam to release the baseball seam from the ball. The seam will come off in one large piece that is connected. Repeat this process on the second baseball so you have two seams.
- Trim the leather using scissors. Make it so the edge is cut an equal distance all around from the seam for a more professional look.
- Cut the piece of baseball in two at any point so you have one piece that is no longer connected. Pull the loose fibers from the baseball off the seam. Tidy it up so all that is left is the leather and the seam.
- Place the seams in a bowl of water for one to two hours. Make sure they are submerged. Remove the seams from the water to dry. Hold the seams straight so they will dry in a straight line.
- Sew the two seams together to make a length long enough to fit around your neck. Cut the necklace to the correct size using scissors, but leave two or three inches extra on each side.
- Unthread some of the seams on each side of the seam. Unravel the seams and trim the leather, leaving the seams exposed. These loose threads or seams will be used to tie to the necklace clasp.
- Tie one side of the clasp to one end of the seam. Tie two or more knots, trim the extra thread or seam and place a drop of strong glue on the knot to help it hold. Add the other side of the clasp to the other side of the seam in the same manner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?