Would you like to know how to make a baseball? Major League Baseball (MLB) makes their baseballs in a particular way. The MLB makes their baseballs at a specific size and weight. The baseballs have to pass stringent tests to make it to the Major Leagues. The making of baseballs is very interesting. It is time to learn the simple facts about our national pastime.
What is needed to make baseballs:
- Yarn, twine, and wool
- A leather cover
- Waxed red cotton thread
- A baseball stamp
- The Core of the baseball consists of a cork ball wrapped in a thin layer of premium rubber, wound in wool and cotton thread. Major league baseballs require windings of at least eighty-five percent wool. Major League Baseball uses wool because it returns to its shape after impact.
- A leather cover is placed on the baseballs in two separate pieces. Major League Baseball uses premium leather because premium leather lasts longer. Synthetic covered baseballs are better for use in wet conditions.
- The two pieces of the baseball are stitched over the inner core of the baseball, by using 108 stitches of waxed red cotton thread. Rolled stitching is flatter and creates less air resistance. This type of stitching is used by Major League Baseball. This stitching is best for baseballs used every day. Major League baseball uses many baseballs every day. These baseballs have to meet the greatest quality for the best performance of Major League Baseball players.
- The baseball together and is ready for use in a baseball game. Major League Baseball has one more step to accomplish to get the baseballs ready for the Major Leagues. This last step is the stamping of the new baseball. Major League Baseball uses a special stamp and stamps the balls with the signature of (commissioner) Allan “Bud” Selig. The baseballs are finished, are inspected by the MLB and are used in the MLB.
- Making your own baseballs is a lot of work. Stick to buying baseballs at the store
- The best baseballs have leather or synthetic covers
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …