A battery powered car is environment friendly, budget friendly and easy to construct, so here are some guidelines on how to make a battery powered car. These cars provide an incredible driving experience as they have increased stability on the road because of their lower center of gravity and higher initial acceleration because of their light weight.
The things required to make a battery powered car are as follows:
- Rechargeable batteries
- Frame jig
- Steel tubing
- Steel sheet cutter
- Lightweight wind screen
- Spray paint
- The first step to make a battery powered car is designing the structure of the car. During the process of designing, things such as size of the car, material of the body and battery space needs to be considered.
The size should as small as possible. A three-wheeled covered trike frame with a wind shield at the front and battery storage at the back is good for starters.
- The material you choose from which the body of the car is made should be light in weight. The reason for this is if the body of the car is heavy, the batteries will have to provide more energy to propel the car. Aluminum is light, but difficult to weld and is expensive. Wood is cheaper, but not very safe on the road. Steel is best to make a battery powered car as it is lightweight, cheap and easy to turn into different shapes.
- Cut the steel tubing and weld it to the shape of the structure you designed. For this, you will need a frame jig to hold the parts of your car, which can be borrowed from a mechanic's shop. Leave space for wind screen at the front and at the bottom. For doors and battery space, you can hire professional help because these areas will be opened and closed regularly and you don’t want them to be loose and insubstantial.
- After the frame of your battery powered car is complete, attach the steering mechanism and electric components of the car. The batteries that can be used are lead acid battery, a li-ion polymer battery or a lithium iron phosphate battery. They are lightweight and high-performance batteries that can be easily charged from a power grid at home or at a shop or somewhere in the street.
- For wind screen, use a lightweight, plastic material so it does not make the car heavy. The wheels should be according to the size of the frame of the car. They should not be very big because that could affect the stability of the car.
- Finish the structure of your battery-powered car by painting it if you want with your desired color. Don’t forget to attach a lot of LEDs or reflecting stickers so other cars on the road can see your battery-powered car.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.