We don't know who the first person was to invent how to make a Beam Me Up Scotty, but we imagine it's creation took place in a dark room by someone cloaked in Klingon or Captain Kirk attire; in the end it isn't important how the drink came to exist, all that matters that you know how to make it. A Beam Me Up Scotty is a thick creamy cocktail that will have you seeing stars if you pound back too many of them. There are two ways to drink a them, either in a shot or in a tumbler on the rocks. This is one cocktail that is sure to satisfy your inner geek, sweet tooth and booze hound all in one sweet creamy gulp.
- Tumbler or shot glass
- Coffee liquor
- Creme de bananes
- Irish creme
- Cocktail shaker or stirrer
- Decide how you want to serve your Beam Me Up Scotty. This drink is served either as a short or in a tumbler for sipping. Deciding how to serve it will help you decide how to mix it—either in a cocktail shaker or directly in the glass.
- Pour 3/4 oz. coffee liquor into the shaker. The coffee liquor is the foundation of a Beam Me Up Scotty. It's what gives the drink it's smoothness and breaks up the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Pour 3/4 oz. of creme de bananes on top of the coffee liquor. Creme de bananes is just a fancy way to say banana flavored liquor. Using a banana liquor adds a different level of sweetness to the concoction and keeps it from being over powered by the sticky sweetness of the Irish cream. It also reduces the drink's thickness.
- Pour 3/4 oz. of Irish creme. The Irish creme gives the Beam Me Up Scotty its creamy texture and candy-like sweetness that can be addicting.
- Mix your cocktail. Once you have all of the ingredients together, put the lid on your cocktail shaker and shake well. Once the drink is mixed pour it into a tumbler over ice or into shot glasses. If you're mixing directly into a glass, use a cocktail stirrer or a spoon to mix your drink. If you're really bold, don't mix your it at all. Once you have all of the ingredients in your shot glass just toss it back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.