We don't know who the first person was to invent how to make a Beam Me Up Scotty, but we imagine it's creation took place in a dark room by someone cloaked in Klingon or Captain Kirk attire; in the end it isn't important how the drink came to exist, all that matters that you know how to make it. A Beam Me Up Scotty is a thick creamy cocktail that will have you seeing stars if you pound back too many of them. There are two ways to drink a them, either in a shot or in a tumbler on the rocks. This is one cocktail that is sure to satisfy your inner geek, sweet tooth and booze hound all in one sweet creamy gulp.
- Tumbler or shot glass
- Coffee liquor
- Creme de bananes
- Irish creme
- Cocktail shaker or stirrer
- Decide how you want to serve your Beam Me Up Scotty. This drink is served either as a short or in a tumbler for sipping. Deciding how to serve it will help you decide how to mix it—either in a cocktail shaker or directly in the glass.
- Pour 3/4 oz. coffee liquor into the shaker. The coffee liquor is the foundation of a Beam Me Up Scotty. It's what gives the drink it's smoothness and breaks up the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Pour 3/4 oz. of creme de bananes on top of the coffee liquor. Creme de bananes is just a fancy way to say banana flavored liquor. Using a banana liquor adds a different level of sweetness to the concoction and keeps it from being over powered by the sticky sweetness of the Irish cream. It also reduces the drink's thickness.
- Pour 3/4 oz. of Irish creme. The Irish creme gives the Beam Me Up Scotty its creamy texture and candy-like sweetness that can be addicting.
- Mix your cocktail. Once you have all of the ingredients together, put the lid on your cocktail shaker and shake well. Once the drink is mixed pour it into a tumbler over ice or into shot glasses. If you're mixing directly into a glass, use a cocktail stirrer or a spoon to mix your drink. If you're really bold, don't mix your it at all. Once you have all of the ingredients in your shot glass just toss it back.